Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Cooky for Coconut!


Yep, that's right-- I am indeed cooky, crazy, gaga....for nothing else but COCONUT :)  In fact, I've thought of changing my Namaste Gurl blog name to Miss Coco-Nut. Although I'd surely love to, not sure if that's an option this late into blogging, but we will see!  Anyways, I just solely wanted to express my love for this tropical love.

Last night in fact, I made some really tasty choco- coconut almond balls (don't worry, it's not what you think).  Observe....


Using these simple, but tasty ingredients to do the magic :)

(Sorry for the blurriness of the photo- it was late!)
Raw Coco Powder, vanilla stevia drops, Coconut Mana and Almond butter (not-pictured).
MAN were they good, it tasted almost exactly like Artisana's Cocoa Bliss, maybe even better?!  And we all know, your wallet won't allow you to continuously buy Cocoa Bliss.  So I gotta get my coconut- chocolate fix somehow! 

*By the way, Nutiva's Coconut Mana is simply NOT as good as Artisana's Coconut Butter- doesn't even compare.  I got it from a friend from a local health food store, and immediately I dove into the jar, disappointed.  It tastes like a mix between coconut butter and coconut oil.  Not as creamy or buttery as Artisana's- but, it works for things like this :)

I used a couple of those amazing, heavenly chocolate coconut- almond balls in breakfast this morning....

Oat bran cooked in water + almond milk, peanut flour, chia seeds, coco Stevia drops, cinnamon and pumpkin- topped with banana slices, coconut and choco- coconut almond balls :)

The choco- coco balls were SO yummy on top of hot- pipin' oats.  I was dreaming about this combo ALL night, people!  It went so well with the pumpkin, peanut flour and cinnamon, too.  


Okay, okay, I'll give you the recipe :)

Choco- Coconut- Almond "Balls"--
3 tablespoons Coconut butter or oil (or a combo, like mine)
2-3 tablespoons raw coco powder (or dark chocolate- you'll just have to use a blender or food processor)
Stevia, Agave or other sweetener (depending on desired sweetness)
A bit of water (desired consistency)
1 1/2 tablespoon almond butter (or nut butter of choice)

--Mix all ingredients together till well combined; form into balls.
-- Once into well formed balls, roll balls in almond butter (on wax paper, preferable) till well- coated.
-- Freeze for a few minutes, then refrigerate till desired texture.  
*These "balls" don't need to be refrigerated; coconut hardens at room temperature :)

Enjoy!

I'm almost done with the 5 balls I made last night-- They're that hard to stay away from :)

I've also enjoyed coconut products in many other ways- usually on a daily basis (or meal basis?)....

Lots of colorful veggies stir-fried in coconut Mana and coconut oil; Farro with coconut oil and maple; tofu sautéed in coconut oil and garlic.

YUM- coconut really does make your meal taste so much yummier.

Spaghetti squash; lots of veggies fried in coconut oil and garlic; dollop of coconut butter (to enjoy atop the squash); whole-made almond milk.


And no other than whole- made coconut milk:

1 can of coconut milk, water and sweetener (I use a bit of stevia)

All in all, I adore you, lovely, amazing, satiating, Coconut :)  You make my feels taste way better and my day much happier.

Ok, I'll get of my coconut soapbox now-- I must return to homework.  As you can see i'm pretty "cooky for coconut" :-) xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I love love LOVE this post! (Mostly because I cannot agree with you more about how amazing coconut is!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tulika- agreed :) I can't EVER seem to get enough coconut. It's on my plate at least twice a day, if not more :)

    ReplyDelete