Monday, November 8, 2010

The Pumpkin Continues....



imgres.jpg



That's right, Libby's Calabaza is still in action and will not leave my plate anytime soon :)  I had yet another tasty breakfast this morning after my chilly, hour long run.



I made a parfait using pumpkin yogurt (recipe below), coconut granola (procedure below), apple and almond butter.  Twas' amazing and sufficed my ravenous appetite once home from my run.

I was craving and dreaming of my coconut granola all throughout my run prior to breakfast, but it's been long gone since I made it a few weeks back. Anything coconut related doesn't last in my house :)  So I made a modified version by just combining 3/4 C. rolled oats, a few spoonfuls of coconut oil, cinnamon, chia seeds, nutmeg, 1/4 C. pumpkin seeds and pumpkin pie spice.  I toasted the mixture in the oven at 300 degrees for about 7 minutes.



Prior to toasting

Toasty and warm out of the oven :-)

Then for my pumpkin yogurt....

I simply combined about 3/4 C. greek yogurt, 1/4 C. pumpkin, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla stevia and wah- lah!
Super easy. Super healthy.  Super yum. 




....And I made some more chocolate coconut melties, this time adding pumpkin and chocolate to them!


Same procedure with the chocolate coconut melties, just add a spoonful of pumpkin to each and combine and refrigerate or freeze!

Happy day, all!  I hope you enjoy some pumpkin, chocolate and coconut for me! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment