Friday, November 12, 2010

My Running Motivators

Burrrr, I just got back from a very CHILLY run if I do say so myself-- 40 degrees, to be exact.  Yes, I live in Santa Cruz and it's supposed to be warm, yeah, yeah.  Not true.  The mornings and nights, especially nearing winter, get pretty cold and because I live on the coast near water, it's pretty foggy and cold most of the time.

Despite, I had a motivating and good run.  The last few days my stamina and speed has come back since I hurt my foot 7 weeks ago or so.  Instead of my recent run/ walks, I've been running most of the time and getting my speed up.  Today a women who was running ahead of me at the beach caused me to keep going and not stop to walk at all.  I went further than usual, too, finishing in my usual hour.  I don't have special running gadgets, such as the Garmin, or gear, I simply do it recreationally for fun.  I don't count to see how many calories or how fast my pace was.  I enjoy running and do it to fit my style uncontrolled.  I'm guessing I did about 5 miles this morning.

I prepared my breakfast quickly before I left for my run this morning, so upon return I ate my pumpkin- chia bowl of goodness.....

Pumpkin chia/ hemp/ almond pudding

The Mix:
3 tablespoons chia seeds
1 tablespoon ground flax
3/4 Cup Almond Milk
1/2 C. Pumpkin puree
1/2 scoop Hemp protein
1 tablespoon almond butter
cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice
Stevia
Topped with coconut, pumpkin seeds and walnuts.

Told you it was filled with a chock- full of goodness :)  Love that mix-- inspired by Gena @ Choosing Raw :)

Happy Veteran's, lovelies!  I'll be spending the day at work selling away!

1 comment: