Saturday, November 13, 2010

Easy- Peasy Cashew Collard Wraps!

Happy Saturday, ya'll :)

It's been warm and sunny here in Santa Cruz, which I'll take in mid November!  No work till late today, so I started of the day with a trip to my local farmer's market and a lovely beach walk/ run.  I said I'd take today off for running and my usual workout, but I did run some of my walk.  For some reason my upper quads have been KILLING me, even though I stretch them quite often after running.  Despite, I had a great beach wralk (walk- run).

My mom and I went a little crazy at the farmer's market-- lots of goodies were brought home, which is fine for me since I'm a veggie- holic!  I bought an unusual green that I usually don't buy: collard greens.  I've seen ideas around blogs for making collard greens into "wraps" so that's just what I did for lunch:

Filled with a cashew pate, sunflower sprouts and mushrooms.

Alongside a monda salad with farmer's market mushrooms, carrots, local almonds, sunflower sprouts and  blended quinoa.

Dressed in Annie's Gingerly Vinaigrette :)

Super Easy Cashew pate:

1/4 cashews (soaked for a couple hours)
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon agave (or stevia)
1/2 teaspoon miso
salt and pepper
water for thinning

--Combine all ingredients in a high speed blender or food processor; process till smooth and creamy.  Add water till desired consistency.  

I could of added ginger, garlic or other spices, but since I was hungry and had my mind on a cashew pate, I opted for simpleness.  Turned out really yummy and dense.

I'm on Twitter now, too!  So you should follow me when you get a chance :)

Have a lovely Saturday and I'll be back soon!  Tomorrow post will include some yummy, simple hummus black bean burgers.....stay tuned! *

No comments:

Post a Comment