Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Mexican- Chocolate OATS!!!!!

When I was stumbling upon what oatmeal combination to make last night..... I thought, "Hey, why not bring out the Mexican in me and make none other than Mexi- cocoa oats?"

And yes, I eat oatbran not for dinner, but for a snack, after dinner-- don't judge me :)

But first, before we get to my amazing, cultural oat creation, let me show you dinner, first:

Before Mexican, I went Mediterranean: Colorful roasted veggies, kidney beans and a rosemary roasted potato all drizzled with lemon- tahini dressing.

Lemon- tahini dressing: Olive oil, lemon, tahini, agave and garlic salt.

Roasted in olive oil + sea salt

Of course that was one yummy meal, but nothing out of the ordinary.  Onto the rockin' Mexican-coco oats now, since that's indeed what the post is about :)


Mexi- Cocoa Oatmeal:

1/2 C. Oats (oatbran, rolled, steel-cut)
1 C. water (or liquid of choice)
1 cinnamon stick + ground cinnamon
A couple dashes of cayenne pepper (depending on how spicy you want the oats)
1-2 tablespoons raw cocoa powder
a few dashes of chili powder
Stevia (or other sweetener)
Nut butter of choice (optional)

Method: Combine oats with liquid and cinnamon stick; boil, add other spices and cocoa and simmer till well combined.  
--Cut the heat when oats have reached your desired thickness. Take out cinnamon stick.
--Add more cinnamon and chili powder on top, as well as stevia (if using) and nut butter and call it a meal!
~I choose to put peanut butter on top, but I wish I had pepita butter!

Spicy. Sweet. Vibrant. Sinful. Yummy.
Even with a couple dashes of cayenne pepper, these oats had a major kick to them!

And thank you to Garlic Gold, who sent me some of their fabulous products to review.

Review to come :)

Happy Tuesday- make it a great one! xoxo

1 comment: