Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Operation: Pumpkin- Chocolate Coconut Fudge

Well, one week later, I'll say operation failed.  Yes, I tried to mold three of my favorites into fudge: Coconut (no brainer), chocolate and pumpkin.  I got inspired awhile back, by lovely Heather for her two ingrediant fudge, using just a dark chocolate bar and a can of coconut milk.  That being said, I rummaged onto make my own version, adding pumpkin.

I blended 1 can of coconut milk, vanilla stevia drops, 4 tablespoons of raw cocoa powder, cinnamon and 1/2 cup of pumpkin (not pictured) in the Vitamix.


Then, I poured the "fudge" mixture in well- greased muffin tins.  I added a dollop of coconut butter and put the mixture into the refrigerator to do it's magic (aka, turn into fudge).

Well, the next day that wasn't the case....

 It was more puddin-y texture than fudge!  YIKES

I decided I didn't want to deal with this baking- extravaganza mess I made, so I then decided well hey, why not bake it and have fudge muffins?  MUCH bigger problem.

Results-- a gooey, dried up mess.  I SOOOO would've preferred the pudding texture than this one.
I put both tins in my downstairs refrigerator to avoid cleaning up the mess I made.

And now, I just have this ooey- gooey mess of pudge (puddin' and fudge!).  I knew I should've just left it the way it was after refrigerating and eaten as pudding.  I knew it.

Some factors that could've caused the fudge texture to not form:
--Coconut- chocolate ratio was off.  There needs to be enough coconut to do the magic-- harden the mixture.
--I used cocoa powder instead of a chocolate bar.  Different hardening properties.
--Pumpkin acts as an egg.  Me being a pumpkin goddess, added MUCH too much pumpkin which probably caused the gooey-ness.

Well.  Lesson learned.  I definitely won't be depending on my creativeness to bake anytime soon.  Let's just say I'll depend on others well- tried out recipes when I do so :-)  You will be seeing many more creative recipes on the cooking end, however!

Any ideas of what to do with this gooey mess?  I don't want to waste it-- then again it was a whole can of precious coconut milk, pumpkin, and raw cocoa powder!!

On a good note, I stocked up on some fabulous foodie items at Target....

Libby's Pumpkin (cheap Libby's-score!), sweet coconut chai tea (SO me), and some dark chocolate.

Whew, so glad I got that unsuccessful baking adventure off my chest.  Thanks for listening to that much needed post!  I'll definitely let you know if I create one that I'd advise trying, where then I'll list the exact recipe.  Have a good night, all! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment