Friday, November 5, 2010

Simple made easy.

Hello, chocolate pumpkins!

Hope you all are having a lovely day.  I sure am-- bike riding, sleeping in, eating yummy leftovers, having the house to myself.  Yep, house to MYSELF :)  My parents are out in Palm Springs for the weekend, so that means PARTY.  No, I'm not much of the partier type, so I think of it more as quietness and more space :)

My meals have been all over the place-- meaning, I haven't done much over the top cooking.  I have done some baking though, which i'll share about later.  Let's just say the baking adventure didn't go down very well.
Mexican made easy.  Period.  
Sunny-side fried egg, roasted red pepper hummus, avocado, and yellow pepper atop greens; Ezekial toast.


A REALLY scrumptious (look, i'm using another synonym besides "yummy" or "delish") snack I devoured:
Parfait with pumpkin, the last of my coconuty granola, almond milk, almond butter and the crumbled choco- coconut balls :)

Raw assorted veggies; RRP hummus; seeded crackers and almond butter.
There's nothing simpler than hummus and veggies.

Boring, I know- but this post is about eating healthy and "real" in a matter of minutes.  It doesn't take much, friends.  Just some thought and the right ingredients on hand!


An amazing salad using all leftover ingredients from last night: Black beans, fresh whole made guacamole, stir-fried veggies on top of cabbage, kale and spinach greens.

All those veggies came right from an organic farm!  Thanks to my dear friend, Kate, who brought them over for our Mexi- Cali cooking last night (post to come about that!)

There's nothin' like fresh, whole-made guac'!

Oh, and a leftover whole-made corn tortilla....

Be on the lookout for a post on my fabulous Mexi- Cali cooking night with my friend, Kate.  She, too, shares a passion for eating sustainably, vegan and very healthy.  So glad to have found someone at my work and school who shares a similar value.  There's not many of us foodies out there!  

Wholesome and healthy meals DON'T need to be expensive, time- consuming or titus.  They absolutely can be whipped up in a matter of minutes, like said.  Being impatient as I am, I don't cook drawn out meals that will take longer than an a half hour.

I'll be back soon!  Get ready for a few posts coming up-- Mexican Made Easy, Pumpkin- Chocolate- Coconut Fudge Adventure, to name a few.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment