Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thai Coconut Farro with Kale

Good Morning, all!  

Or, Arun Sa Wad, in Thai language.  However you may say it or understand it, for that matter, hope your having a pleasant morning so far.

Before I get into my shenanigan about a lovely Thai dish I made last night that I SO want to share with you all, take a moment to observe the beautiful sunset I experienced at the pleasure of my own home....
Beautiful, huh?  Breathtaking- I know!

I'm SUPER blessed to live in such a beautiful area- with amazing sunsets, ocean, local and best produce, environment and so much more.  I <3 Santa Cruz :)

Ok, so I broke out my handy- dandy Rice Cooker again last night to use up some of my leftover farro.  Actually, scratch that, I broke it out the night before :)

My mom picked up some  organic Farro recently at Costco- a 4 pound bag for that matter!


I haven't cooked much with the Farro grain, but now I'm going to!  It's high in fiber, protein, iron and other essential minerals and vitamins.  A major score for us vegetarians/vegans.

So I went about and did take two on my thai-coconut barley, replacing with farro and making some adjustments....

I combined these ingredients in the rice cooker with the already cooked leftover farro.

3/4 C Farro, 1/2 C Coconut milk, 1/2 t curry powder, and a few dashes or cinnamon, nutmeg and ground ginger.

I let the mixture cook (Yes, I recooked the farro, it was still chewy, anyways) with lid on, then when it turned to warm, I added one cup of chopped kale.

(*Again, sorry for the blurriness- I need a new camera!)

Oh, and I added a few golden raisins to the rice mixture:
Stir, stir, stir and let it warm for however long you want- depending on your desired temperature of liking.

Me being inpatient, plated it right away after the coconut milk, spices and kale were absorbed :)  

And wah-lah- you have yourself a meal.  I added some cashews atop and balanced the rice dish out with a side salad.

*Dressed in pure maple syrup, olive oil, and lemon juice.

 The rice was so buttery- I'm assuming from the coconut oil I cooked it in and the added coconut milk :)  The curry and other spices gave it just the right touch.

Which close- up do you like better (lighting enhanced, or no)?

I'm off to school- I hope you all have one amazing day whatever it brings :)  Hope you enjoyed the post, and let me know what you think!  

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment