Saturday, October 16, 2010

"Biking in the moonlight, everybody...."

imgres.jpg


Good evening, lovelies!

I'm sorry for being so idle the last couple days-- I have been completely busy with work and school.  Weekends are my slashed away times for that when I mainly work.  All I've wanted to do the last couple days was just sit down and blog, but there's been not even a minute for it.  Oh well, there's always 9 pm for that!

Today I worked a VERY long shift, 11-7:30 to be exact.  I didn't feel like swimming or biking before I started work this morning; so I biked to work.  It only takes about 20 minutes to get there-- about 7 miles round-trip.  However, I didn't realize how tired I'd be when I got off of work at 7:30 pm.  I still have a semi-injured foot, too, so it was definitely a stretch being on my feet all day plus riding home.  It's been pretty cold outside all day, in addition, so when I got off work I realized two things: Cold and darkness.  That's what I'd be riding home to--well, oh well, no biggie.

The ride home actually wasn't that bad-- There was hardly anybody on the rode, car wise, and I felt like I had the whole atmosphere to myself.  Though it was cold at first, just like running early on a cold morning, I warmed up as I started biking.  For some reason I had a lot more energy then I did early in the day--almost using copious amount of energy all day gave me a sudden burst.

It felt calming just biking in the dark-- With headlights, no need to worry-- just me and the graceful trees, wind and environment.

Have you ever exercised-- whether it be bike riding, running, walking, etc.-- in the darkness?  What did you think of it?


My meals have been quite boring in the last few days, to be honest.  Much of what they've been have been "on-the go-meals"-- aka, whatever I can whip off in 10 minutes or less.  Here's a few colorful visualizes of some of what I've been munching on.

Mixed greens (butter lettuce and kale) with cucumber, almonds, avocado and a sunshine burger all dressed in honey, olive oil and sea salt.  Super easy and yummy.  

....Check out my "newspaper placemat" :)

A sweet potato with cashini butter, dill-spiked cottage cheese and veggies.

Green eggs and ham?  Nahhh, just plain ol' green oats and banana.  With a dolop of peanut butter, of course.

My cravings have been really odd, too....

Sauteed garlic-y spinach, sunny-side up egg, steel cut oats with coconut milk and almond butter.

Spinach for breakfast?  Why not!  Green oats?  It's a must!  It just shows i'm a TRUE veggie-lover. 

I tell you, that rice cooker makes some perfecto oats--it's not limited to just rice!

Mmmmmm....


Another on- the go- "I gotta be a work in 10 minutes" meal:

Leftover barley (a HUGE amount) stir-fried with red cabbage, kale, garlic, sesame oil, soy sauce and topped with raw cashews; carrot "fries"; hemp- recess peanut butter shake.

Another odd, but superb meal-- I needed a energy-packed meal for a long shift at work.

Hemp-pb shake: Hemp protein, coconut milk, peanut butter, strawberries and spinach.

Let's just say I was VERY full after this filling, but tasty meal feast.


There's nothing like a pumpkin smoothie to wake you up before an 8 1/2 hour shift. 

Pumpkin smoothie: 3/4 C. pureed pumpkin, 2/3 cup almond milk, ice, cinnamon, hemp protein.  Topped with wheat germ, almond butter, cinnamon and blueberries.

I'm off to do some online homework-- Yikes.  Wish me luck for I am T-I-R-E-D.  The lights almost going out in me :)  

By the way, BIG announcement coming next post, so stay tuned!  Later, lovelies :) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment