Thursday, October 28, 2010

No- raw, raw mushroom salad....

Yes, I'm bringing you yet another mushroom-filled recipe :)  First it's coconut-based soup, then it's mushrooms!  I guess that's just what I've had on hand recently.  I'd like to say coconut has been on sale, but sadly that's negatory.  Mushrooms have though-- thanks to local, Costco mushrooms :)

First though, I'll give you the low- down on my day....

I went to my favorite vinyasa yoga class this morning-- as always, wonderful but very intense.  That's how I like it though.  Can't stand the constant relaxation without any actual core/ muscle strength.  Yoga brings me such peace and serenity as I always feel so much better afterwards.  I biked to yoga, so I was pretty hungry and tired when returning home at noon.  I had a mushroom salad on mind, too, since I had a whole carton of bella shrooms calling my name :)

Call me crazy, but I don't like RAW mushrooms-- one of the only veggies I prefer cooked, other than zucchini.  But I found a way to get the raw- bite taste away, without any cooking involved.  Drench-age of olive oil + lemon juice, of course!


I simply added and massaged one cup of thinly cut shrooms and basil in 1/8 cup olive oil + lemon juice, salt and pepper.  I also added some goat cheese, for extra protein and fat.


It was SOOOO yummy-- could definitely not taste the rawness of the shrooms.  If you don't like raw mushrooms, or even if you do, this simple salad will win you over!


I've known that olive oil + lemon juice is a quick and healthy marinade/ dressing for awhile, but I've never massaged just veggies in the combo.  I got the idea from this lovely salad from a Food Network show called, Giada At home.

Another quicky meal I had using simple, but yummy ingredients:


More leftover spaghetti squash with olive oil, roasted veggies (in olive oil) and a red potato smothered with cashini butter (no sweet potatoes on hand).  

Great combo-- just don't add cinnamon :)

Alright, I'm off to find a dress for my cousin's wedding this weekend :)  Wish me luck! xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Thank you sooo much for saving my huge bowl of mushrooms and left over zucchini from pasta. I added the lemon and oil, salt and pepper, and then spinach and sunflower seeds, basil, dried tomato's and a few cranberries. It was a success!

    ReplyDelete