Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A Day Of Autumnal Eats

Hello, all!

This post will be a quickie as I must get some homework done and jump into bed!  I intended on blogging earlier about my yum-licious breakfast, but that didn't happen since I was one busy girl on the move all day!  From a beach walk, to school, to eating, then to a holiday staff meeting.  Can life get any crazier?  I can't wait for a time where I just just have a sigh of relief and relax solely without any future obligations.

I woke this morning craving pumpkin....couldn't decide whether I wanted a pumpkin smoothie, oats or what!  I just went with my first instinct, pumpkin- apple oat bran....


Oat bran cooked in almond milk, pumpkin, spice (pumpkin pie spice, ginger and of course, cinnamon!), apple and chia seeds-- topped with pumpkin seeds, peanut butter and coconut.

My apple tree is currently over-flowing with apples, so it was a no- brainer to add apple to the pumpkin oat bran mixture.  And it was so, SO yummy, too :)

After getting some math homework done and going on a much needed beach power- walk, I put together a quick lunch before heading to class.
Miss Heather inspired my lunch, using some of my leftover spaghetti squash from last night.  


Spaghetti squash with  nutritional yeast, avocado, sunflower seeds and tahini; salad with shrooms and Woodstock dressing.

Thanks so much lovely Heather for the idea of "Mac n' cheese" using spaghetti squash- it was indeed delish!

I SOOO recommend the "mac and cheese" combo (nutritional yeast + tahini)


I also had a little treat on the side: Whole milk greek yogurt with leftover coconut granola.  Yum!

Alright, I'm off to read yucky textbook material in bed-- Long day tomorrow (work and homework).  I'll be back tomorrow with a coconut- mushroom soup recipe :-)
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment